Speaking Engagements and Conferences
Tania Glenn and/or the TGA management staff are available to present information on their counseling programs, training, and many services to private and public organizations locally and nationally with advance coordination.
TGA Information Brochures
- EMDR Brochure — Download Brochure
- PTSD Brochure — Download Brochure
- Peer Support Team Brochure — Download Brochure
- Critical Incident Response Team Brochure — Download Brochure
Click to Enlarge
Homeland Defense / Security Testimonials
- “Once again it was a pleasure to meet you and hear your presentation. I hope that I will be better able to discuss my own issues when my son gets home and I hope I can be there for him and any of the brothers who need someone to talk to. I am now optimistic for the first time in 25 years that I can start putting some of this behind me.” Former US Marine — Fall 2008
- “I attended a class you taught two weeks ago. I have to say that I really enjoyed the information you presented and think that it is above and beyond what I’ve received while I was in the military. I thought your lecture might be something that my family would find interesting. … Thank you again for the class.” Current Defense Contractor — Summer 2011
- “We are so thankful to have you here, Tania. I know it can be very difficult for these agents to process what they’ve gone thru and your expertise is greatly needed.” Supervisor, Office of Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, May 06, 2013
- “Pete was telling me some of your background and you supporting our military, namely the snake-eaters, so I know you have the creds.” A Chief, Office of Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, May 07, 2013
- Inside AFSOC, Comment 8/24/2013 7:17:29 PM ET “I had the honor of meeting Tania Glenn face to face in Jul 2013. She is passionate about serving those who suffer with PTSD. Individually she is particularly focused on serving our Nation’s heroes returning from combat. Meanwhile colleagues at her practice in Austin TX have the bandwidth to handle any type of psychological counseling needs. Glenn has more than 20 years experience in PTSD and other trauma intervention primarily focused on Emergency Responders she is truly a Psychologist Veterans trust and respect.” Robert Reid Senior Chief USN, Jacksonville FL
Critical Incident Response Team Testimonial
- “…Hopefully I will be the contact person for training in the future and we can keep the momentum going. Thank you for another great training experience. You are truly the best in the business.” Current Major Airline Captain, April 27, 2012
Fear of Flight Testimonials
- “I have been off from flying since April 1st due to an incident that had happened to me on the aircraft. Without going through a lot of details I have been seeing a therapist each week and a psychiatrist each month until I went to see Tania in August. At that time I did not feel like I was making the progress that I should and she was suggested to me through CISM. At that point I had nothing to loose so I went through the session and had my first flight last week and made it through without having a panic attack. I feel as if this program has worked for me and would suggest it to others with similar issues.” Current Commercial Airline Flight Attendant #1 — November 2011
- “I am writing this testimonial because this is something near and dear to my heart. I have personally experienced PTSD due to an (in flight) incident that happened to me in 2009. I did not know what was going on with me at the time it took me a year to the day to finally get some help, as I was having an extremely difficult time working, and saying that I love my job, my company and the people I have the pleasure to work with. … The procedure she did helped me so much, she explained to me why I was having these problems, and after seeing Dr. Glenn I no longer had that pit in the bottom of my stomach, I felt so much better. PTSD is a very difficult condition that leaves the person not knowing what is happening to them, with Dr. Glenn help I was able to get the relief I needed. I can not honestly say that my PTSD won’t rear its ugly head again but I can say I do know where to get help if I need it.” Current Commercial Airline Flight Attendant #2 — December 2011
TGA Press Releases
The TGA Trauma Team and The Boot Campaign
As of 25 February 2014, the TGA trauma team is so excited to announce our partnership with The Boot Campaign! The Boot Campaign helps show appreciation for our troops and raises awareness of the challenges they face when they return home. The Boot Campaign also raises money to support their transitions home. Get your boots on! Please visit www.bootcampaign.com
Corporal Chad Eric Oligschlaeger Foundation for PTSD
As of 07 February 2014, TGA is so honored and excited to announce our new partnership with the Corporal Chad O. Foundation. This is the exciting union of two teams dedicated to the best education, prevention and treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD. Please visit www.cplchado.org
PTSD Discussed at GovSec West, article by Security Today, Jamie Friedlander, November 21, 2013.
Dr. Tania Glenn discussed the after-effects of terrorism and how companies can rebuild resilience and a positive attitude in their workforce. “At GovSec West 2013, in Dallas, TX, Dr. Tania Glenn from Tania Glenn and Associates, PA, presented on PTSD in a session titled “The Ugly Aftermath of Terrorism: Solutions for Rebuilding Resilience.” The audience-ripe with ex-cops, current cops, and business owners-listened as she discussed not only the detrimental effects of PTSD, but also what symptoms to look for and the importance of properly treating the condition.” http://security-today.com/articles/2013/11/21/ptsd-discussed-at-govsec-west.aspx?m=1
PTSD & Our Veterans: Recognizing Battlefield Trauma
On October 09, 2013, Tania Glenn provided an interview on Changing Direction Radio with Michele F Rosenthal. During the interview Tania addressed with Michele, “There is no question that more and more of our military and veterans are suffering from PTSD both on and off the battlefield. Upon returning home, the signs and symptoms of PTSD may not be recognized. Even when it is, many times our veterans and their families find themselves lost, without support, and not understanding how to move past their trauma.” As the show’s guest, Tania provided information that may just do the trick. Below is the link to the radio show and introduction to that interview. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/michelerosenthal/2013/10/09/ptsd-our-veterans-recognizing-battlefield-trauma
Inside Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC)
Cannon Air Force Base, NM August 5, 2013 – Inside AFSOC. Tania Glenn, doctor of psychology and licensed clinical social worker, speaks Air Commandos during a briefing at the Landing Zone at Cannon Air Force Base, N.M., Aug 5, 2013. During the 90-minute seminar, Glenn delivered a feelings-free, scientific analysis of the human body’s physiological response to high-stress situations to help service members understand their biological processes downrange. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Whitney Tucker)
Security Solutions International Announces Speakers for its Annual 2012 Homeland Security Conference (uspolitics.einnews release)
The 7th annual Counter Terrorist Magazine’s Homeland Security Professionals Conference expects record numbers – focus is on public and private partnerships in protecting the USA. Hosted by the Leon County Sheriff’s Office Florida.
MIAMI, FL, January 09, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ — This year’s 7th annual Counter Terrorist Magazine’s Homeland Security Professionals conference is taking place in Orlando, Florida and big demand to hear the speakers is expected. Professionals won’t just be attending from Florida’s law enforcement, homeland security, Fire, rescue and emergency management. Past years have seen representatives from as far afield as Saipan and everywhere in the USA and Canada. This year’s theme is expected to also draw significantly from private sector security. “We are developing the best line up for our conference, with a varied and rich 3 day educational experience that will be the event of the 2012 Homeland Security calendar,” states Sol Bradman, CEO of Security Solutions International. “I am proud to work with these top quality professionals.” These are the first speakers to have their proposals accepted but there will be at least 4 to 5 more announced in the coming month.
The company is proud to announce the following:
- Tania Glenn responded to the terrorists’ attacks at the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995 and to Ground Zero in New York City in 2001, as a first responder and licensed clinician. In responding to manmade and natural disasters, Tania also reported to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Having worked with thousands of homeland defense and security professionals in supporting multiple military campaigns and/or critical incidents, Dr. Glenn specializes in the identification and treatment of severe stress and trauma. Dr. Glenn has practiced psychology for twenty years interacting with professionals from the federal, state, and local arenas.
- Tania Glenn will lead a workshop providing a comprehensive overview of stress and trauma based on her first hand experiences in Oklahoma City, New York City, and New Orleans. The second portion of the workshop will address the importance of programmatic support for those who combat terrorism including: quality pre and post-deployment briefs; active peer support coupled with effective and targeted clinical support; the importance of an organizational culture that embraces healing; and, recent PTSD findings.
Between Iraq and A Hard Place
Pratt Bros Entertainment, LLC, a Rex J. Pratt 2006 Film In 2006 Pratt Bros Entertainment, LLC released a feature length documentary “Between Iraq and A Hard Place — America’s Heroes Return Home.” It is a documentary not about war but those who fight. A Rex J. Pratt film Narrated by Martin Sheen Medical Advisors Dr. Robert Bray and Dr. Tania Glenn Featuring U.S. Marines in March 2003 on the first day of Iraqi Freedom
What happens when a young man or woman goes to war and sees death, killing, and tragedy and experiences fear on a daily basis? Do they return home the same? Of course not. Can the changes be reversed, altered or the effects reduced? We hope so. Are we doing enough as a Country and people to help our returning troops heal in body, mind and spirit? The answer is not clear but emerging information would lead us to believe that more can and needs to be done. Much more.
Between Iraq and A Hard Place explores these questions from the perspective of the troops who need this help. If we can understand what our sons and daughters of war feel and fear, we can better know how to help them.
Lance Corporal Luke Smentkowski of the USMC had the forethought on the first day of the Iraq invasion to turn on a small hand held tape recorder. What he captured on tape is powerful and thought provoking. This recording was the impetus for Between Iraq and A Hard Place. Along with segments of this recording, the film contains personal video footage and still pictures of the Marines who are the subject of this documentary. This unfiltered footage provides an up close and personal look at daily life in war. The viewer will feel as though they have been given a private look into the lives of these ordinary soldiers who have performed extraordinary acts of bravery in the name of God and Country.
If you watch this film you will learn about true brotherhood, courage, commitment, kindness amid chaos and what honor means to a Marine of the United States of America. You will never look at a Marine the same after you see Between Iraq and A Hard Place.
View film trailer
Kudos to Those Setting the Pace for Others to Follow
As a small business providing various programs and services locally and nationally, Tania Glenn and Associates, PA (TGA) recognizes many small businesses providing invaluable TGA support from behind the forward edge of battle. Please click on the name and/or business to email the respective person and/or business directly. (TGA posted their respective website, if applicable.) Kudos to each of these small businesses.
- Mary at International Tours
- Jill Hays Photography http://www.jillhays.com
- Tina Bonham, Graphic Artist
- Justin at PostNet Far West http://www.postnet.com/austin-tx157
- Randy Allen of Goodwin Property Management, Inc.
- Goldstein Insurance Services
- Ray, CPA
- Custom Telephones
- Austin Cotton
- Westlake Animal Hospital
- Austin Archives
- Terry Lenz of Rent-a-Grandson Handyman
- Austin Pro Video
- Deborah Hiser at Husch-Blackwell
Tania and Tyra Setting the Pace