PLEASE NOTE: All services are by appointment only.
Counseling and Family Services
- THERAPY – The therapeutic process is a journey involving the establishment of goals, creating objectives for change, and working towards this change. Psychotherapy is usually scheduled weekly and sessions are 45-50 minutes in length. While there is no set timeframe for therapy, clients and therapists evaluate progress throughout the entire process. After the initial session, some clients may need six to eight weeks of therapy while others may require more extensive timeframes. The final session of psychotherapy brings closure to the relationship with the therapist during this phase of interpersonal growth.
- JOURNEY – During the course of therapy you will learn things about your therapist. Please remember this type of relationship is a professional one, so we ask our clients to refrain from inviting us to social functions or giving us gifts. Hence, our fee payment is the only appropriate exchange between us. Please know we are committed to keeping confidential all that takes place in our sessions. Exceptions to this policy are we have a legal duty to report any suspected child or elder abuse, and we must alert the appropriate authorities if we feel you will do harm to yourself or others. We will try to notify you if we feel that either action must be taken. In addition, if we should meet by chance outside of the counseling setting, we will not acknowledge you unless you speak first. This is so you are the one who has the choice to acknowledge our relationship/acquaintance.
- DOWNLOADABLE PACKETS & TGA BROCHURE – Please use the following links to obtain intake forms in .PDF (Adobe PDF) format.
Modalities for Therapy
By taking a “systems” approach with our clients, we focus on the multifaceted aspects of people’s lives. A systems approach considers individual strengths, challenges, family dynamics, personal history, workplace and careers, social support, coping styles, health and financial and legal issues. By focusing on the entire system, we pursue in depth interventions affecting individuals in every aspect of their lives. Some of the theoretical frameworks use cognitive behavioral therapy for adults and adolescents and play therapy for children. We work with individuals, families, and couples, as well as groups of individuals with like experiences in group therapy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy — psychotherapy modifies cognitions, assumptions, beliefs and behaviors with the aim of influencing emotions.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing or EMDR — is information processing therapy that uses eye movements and thoughts to treat anxiety, stress, and trauma.
- Downloadable EMDR Brochure — Facilitating a TGA Healing Process via Eye Movements and Thoughts
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment — involves numerous modalities of treatment using an interactive, multi-faceted approach to combat PTSD.
- Downloadable PTSD Brochure — Facilitating a TGA Healing Process via Triage, Generate, and Activate.